Our client is increasingly active in the energy sector and are seeking an experienced senior electrical engineer to lead their expansion into the energy sector, ensuring a robust whole-life design for HV generation and transmission projects up to the connection point to the existing transmission grid. You will be joining a leading Irish consultancy that operates across Ireland and The UK.
Their main work involves grid connections for new solar farms and preliminary studies for hydrogen / ammonia facilities at several strategic locations around the Irish coast (to capitalise on the anticipated large increase in offshore wind facilities).
They have recently been appointed to a substantial framework for Owner’s Engineer services for onshore wind farms.
Through their work in the ports sector, they are involved in the delivery of the onshore requirements of offshore wind installations.
- Qualified electrical engineer with a minimum of an honours degree in electrical engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- 7-12 years’ postgraduate experience in the electrical engineering sector
- Proven experience in the design and construction of HV/MV substations
- Experience in utility grid contestable design and delivery of connections at 38kV and above
- Experience undertaking energy rating calculations for high voltage cables
- Knowledge of electrical plant including large power transformers, reactive power compensation solutions, MC / LV auxiliary systems and switchgear
- Familiarity with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Regulations and the roles of the PSDP and PSCS
- Knowledge of Eirgrid / ESB design standards and requirements
- Experience preparing detailed works contract specifications and drawings
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and capacity to produce quality design outputs
- Comfortable working in a busy work environment with tight deadlines
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- A desire to learn and develop
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English