This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s fastest growing environmental consultancies. This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to join a dynamic team providing professional services in the areas of environmental compliance, management systems, sustainability, waste management, environmental licencing, permitting, inspection and auditing.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
- Provide professional consultancy services to our clients in the areas of environmental performance and compliance.
- Provide technical input for the preparation of environmental consent applications (such as EPA licences, waste management permits, Article 27 By-product notifications, Construction and Operational Waste Management Plans, Construction Environmental Management Plans, trade effluent discharge licence applications) environmental support services and other environmental projects and reports as may be assigned.
- Design and audit Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental inspection and auditing (including inspecting operational facilities and completing verification audits of statutory returns).
- Oversee, mentor and manage junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements.
- Contribute to other projects as may be undertaken by the company such as studies, reportsand policy level submissions.
- Report to the Technical Director on project performance.
- Consultation and liaison with statutory and non-statutory bodies, local authorities, government agencies and An Bord Pleanála (ABP) on a project basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Directors of the company.
- Third Level Degree in environmental engineering, environmental science or related discipline.
- Approximately 6 years’ professional experience in consulting, waste management and environmental or another similar sector.
- Demonstrable technical experience in the area of Environmental Compliance, Waste Management and environmental auditing and reporting.
- A detailed knowledge of Environmental and Waste Management Legislation.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written with experience in high level communications and correspondence.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to interpret environmental reports, data and technical drawings.
- Chartered membership of CIWM, IEMA, CIWEM or other related professional memberships desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 application software skills.
- a full time, permanent position
- an industry leading remuneration package
- competitive annual leave entitlements
- an Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience
- a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment
- an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with
- an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company
- remote working will be facilitated
- a hybrid work model, supported by state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
The role can be located in either Dublin or Wexford.