An award-winning national practice with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway, offering full Landscape Architectural, Town Planning and Arboricultural services is looking for a Senior Landscape Architect.
Requirements include a degree in Landscape Architecture and a professional qualification (MILI or equivalent),with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and a strong emphasis managing and delivering projects through planning, detailed design to completion, excellent AutoCAD skills and a full driving licence.
The applicant should demonstrate good technical expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Project management, including contractual, financial and programme management of projects through design, detailing and construction
- Development of good working relationships with members of the landscape team and other internal teams across the business
- Communication, including the ability to write concise technical reports and contribute to conference calls, meetings and workshops
- Development of client relationships in a client facing role
- Planting knowledge and design skills
- Production and supervision of drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software, through each design stage to completion and handover
- Preparation of fee and tender submissions including securing new work and new clients
- Supervision, mentoring and development of junior staff
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team
- Construction and contractual processes including statutory requirements (e.g. BIM, BCAR and development/ construction standards).
The practice has a broad and expanding portfolio of parks and public open space design, masterplanning and public realm work, commercial and residential projects, landscape and countryside resource planning and landscape planning and impact assessment.
The applicant should be a team player with good technical skills who wishes to be involved in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and challenging. The role is for a self-motivated individual with good design skills, detailing, site supervision and construction stage experience in both hard and soft schemes. The role offer ssignificant potential for professional development and advancement, working on a wide range of landscape projects for private and public sector clients.