An offshore renewable energy and aquaculture company has an ambitious growth plan and is now working to expand their development portfolio globally. As a senior member of the company’s in-house Legal function and team, you will support the growth of the company globally by supporting the General Counsel and working in collaboration with the Legal and M&A teams and the Compliance team in advising on corporate compliance, key legal and governance issues and practices to support excellence in corporate governance and compliance, transactions, commercial contracts and general legal matters which support the ongoing development of the company. You will also provide advice and legal support for joint venture (JV) implementation and operations.
This company has an excellent reputation for innovation and delivery in the developing blue economy. The candidate will be a key part of the Legal team, helping to develop and deliver the Group’s strategy. As a skilled communicator and being highly commercial, the successful candidate will assist in company growth and seek out and deliver continual improvement. The candidate will contribute to ensuring the day to day and long-term success of the team by helping to institutionalise the profound knowledge and IP that they are continually developing. This an employer of choice for talent and the home of choice for ESG capital.
- Advise on and manage corporate approvals for transactions and corporate approvals/other shareholder obligations required under shareholders’ agreements, investment agreements and constitutional documents (“corporate maintenance”). Have overall responsibility for corporate maintenance across the companies in all jurisdictions, having regard to agreements in place with project partners, while working in collaboration with company secretaries, internal functions and external advisors.
- Act as a member of the company’s Compliance team, providing advice and legal support on the corporate compliance responsibilities and activities of the company in areas such as Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Trade Compliance, Data Protection, Environmental, Social and Governance responsibilities.
- Advise on key legal and governance issues and practices to support excellence in corporate governance and compliance.
- Provide advice and legal support for joint venture (JV) implementation and operation including: advice and legal support to the project managers/teams on the corporate maintenance of the JV project company (such as advise in relation to the conduct of board meetings and the management of obligations under shareholders’ agreements); advice and legal support to the project managers/teams in relation to the contracting strategies of the JV project company; advice and legal support to the project managers/teams in relation to the corporate compliance of the JV project company with applicable laws and policies.
- Support the General Counsel on the following:
- Identify monitor and assess legal risks and issues within the company and recommend solutions and timely actions.
- Champion and implement systems and standards that allow the company to work effectively and with agility within the company team and with different partners across multiple jurisdictions and projects in areas under your responsibility.
- Advise management on legal, regulatory and policy matters in relation to the development of renewable marine energy and other blue economy projects in Ireland and other jurisdictions.
- Work in collaboration with the Legal Commercial Counsel on the following areas where required:
- Advise on transactions and assist as required on negotiation of transaction documents including MOUs, Letters of Intent, Share Purchase Agreements, Subscription and Investment Agreements, Shareholders’ Agreements, Development Services Agreements, Joint Development and Secondment Agreements and other transaction documents and ancillary agreements.
- Advise on commercial contracts including non-disclosure agreements, consultancy agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Negotiation skills
- Critical thinker
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Minimum Law Degree/ Masters
- Qualified Solicitor
- 8-10 years’ PQE experience
- Knowledge of corporate compliance under company law and practice
- Knowledge of renewable marine energy and blue economy (or comparable projects) regulations and policies
- Transactional knowledge
- Takes initiative
- Steady under pressure
- Be a vocal advocate of the Simply Blue culture and values, inspiring others to live by them also