This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified Marine Ecologist. Our client has project work already booked in for the next 5 years and is involved in some of the most interesting and exciting Offshore work happening in Ireland. The role will be to manage ecology report preparation, review/sign-off and delivery to their clients. The report types will range from Appropriate Assessments for Foreshore License Applications through to input to chapter preparation for marine EIARs.
Projects types will range from Offshore Renewable Energy to Aquaculture in both Irish and international waters. This is a technical role, reporting to the company Environmental Director. It is a senior position and ideally requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience but less will be considered. This role will be a mix of work planning, team recruitment and management, survey work and the office-based report writing. The office base portion of the role will be based in either Wicklow or Galway with remote also an option.
● Interested in and passionate about environmental data and the offshore marine environment.
● Experience in preparing and signing-off marine based Natura Impact Statements
● Experience in preparing EIAR ecology chapters
● Strong map work orientation skills / Cartography.
● Experienced in working with 2D and 3D data.
● Ability to manage and work as part of a team and communicate with a range of stakeholders and
other offshore survey divisions.
● Solid procedure and field report writing and compilation skills.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Outstanding organisational and planning skills.
● An analytical mind.
● Ability to gather data and interpret results.
● Good operational skills and aptitude.
● Flexibility and a professional manner.
● Data and information management skills.
● Keeping up-to-date with new and emerging technologies.
● A bachelor’s degree in a related subject such as Env Sci, Ecology, Marine Biology, Geography.
● Understanding of European/Irish guidelines in relation to bird and Marine Mammal surveys to
ensure compliance and best practice is adopted during survey planning, execution and
● A surveying qualification is highly desirable as well as membership of a recognised chartered