Excellent opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary engineering practice operating across the public and private sectors in Ireland since 1952. Currently employing over 135 staff in various offices throughout Ireland. This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development. With 70 years experience in conceptualizing, planning, designing and delivering projects across 4 divisions named Building & Infrastructure, Civil/Design Build/Water, Environment & Planning and Roads & Transportation. The quality of service delivered is driven by Core Values that means People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation – are things which the client cares about most and builds their reputation.
Gaia Talent is seeking to recruit an Senior Modeller – Water to join the Water Network team from this huge client. This team are currently delivering on critical water network infrastructure programmes throughout Ireland. This team is responsible for all aspects of design from feasibility assessment and optioneering through to construction design, operational support and optimization.
We are looking for passionate water network engineers to join this fantastic team. This role will be based in any of the four offices of the client in Galway, Dublin, Castlebar or Limerick and a hybrid working arrangement is available. You will have the opportunity to deliver projects for major water industry clients and to form part of a collaborative team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver and lead on a wide of projects such as large capital works design, water quality and network optimization. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop the water network modelling division. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and innovative person who embraces new technologies. The candidate will mentor junior engineers and assist the growth of the Water Team. The role will provide opportunity for significant client-facing interactions and networking.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of projects;
- Developing methodologies, guidance and templates for various engineering and modelling projects;
- Working collaboratively with multiple-disciplinary teams internally and externally;
- Report to and communicate with the Project Manager throughout the project execution and take ownership of delegated tasks and duties;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and key stakeholders;
- Providing support and mentoring to junior staff;
- Supporting the tendering process including proposal input and cost estimate;
- Complying with the health and safety procedures.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Experience in water networks and modelling;
- Experience in the use of Synergy and EPANET modelling software is preferable;
- Experience in the use of Infoworks would be an advantage;
- Experience in the use of GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS) would be beneficial;
- Experience in the use of Netbase would be beneficial;
- Proven the ability to work as a part of a team, liaising closely with clients and other project team members;
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate project findings with technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent writing skills including engineering reports, guidance and proposals;
- Excellent data analysis skills and problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to deliver within time and budget;
- Enthusiasm for taking on new challenges with clients in the water industry;
- Ability to solve problems by developing and adopting innovative approaches.
Very friendly work environment with attractive salary and benefit package with active sports/social club. They also encourage all staff to progress their careers the participation in ongoing internal and external CDP courses and events. This is facilitated through ISO Accredited CDP programme. Also you will find competitive salary and flexible models to work.