This is an opportunity to work with one of the top consultancies in Ireland that offer one of the best remuneration packages in the market. They are currently looking for a Senior Ornithologist to be the Unit/Team Lead.
You will have experience in working with other environmental and engineering teams on a range of diverse projects, preferably in the consultancy sector. Project Management of ecological/ornithological projects in a diverse range of sectors. Interaction with project managers in other sectors or disciplines within the company and the ability to identify, manage and deal with project risk and develop solutions where required. Preparing Tender Submission Proposals. Client management and business development. Managing, guiding, and mentoring of junior team members. Consultation with regulators and statutory bodies. Experience in preparation of appeal submissions, Oral Hearings and JR proceedings. Stakeholder engagement and management. Experience in bird survey scoping, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA).
Skills/ Qualifications Required:
- Degree in Ecology or Science equivalent. MSc preferable.
- 10-15 years of experience
- Membership of a professional body desired, CIEEM or other appropriate body.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills. Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Full driver’s licence.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible/ Hybrid Working.
- Leading the ornithology team/unit within the practice in conjunction with the Lead Ecologist and part of the Ecology Team, senior Managers/ Directors.
- CPD Programme with support and mentoring.
- Working on a wide range of projects.
- Paid Maternity leave.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Active Sports and Social Club.
- Protection of life and long-term illness cover.
- 22 days annual leave.
- Paid professional membership fee.