We are seeking a Senior Ornithologist Consultant. Based in the UK, with flexible working options also. The purpose of the role is to manage data work groups and processes associated with wildlife surveys; specifically dealing with all aspects of the image analysis process. providing invaluable team management to all those in lower grades and advising on tagging, QA and overall team functions.
You will be an experienced project coordinator and be capable of working towards clearly defined timescales. You will be experienced in ornithological identification and, ideally, will hold a degree within a relevant scientific discipline. Due to the level of data analysis required for the role, it is essential that you hold excellent IT skills.
Skills and Experience – Essential
- Strong ornithological identification experience
- Demonstrable project coordination experience
- A high degree of literacy, numeracy and data interrogation skills
- Experience of quality checking data
- Msc and/or Bsc educated within a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Experience of working in a supervisory capacity (desirable)