One of the largest and most experienced planning practices in Ireland, is looking for a Senior Planner to join its Planning team. The company’s strong track record and success in delivering complex projects has led to an increase in demand for the company’s services in the Renewable Energy and Infrastructure sectors. Therefore, relevant and recent experience is required as the successful candidate will be working on a wide variety of Renewable Energy projects.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a qualification in Town Planning (IPI or RTPI Accredited)
- Work as a leading member of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Work on and lead large renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Have great organisation skills.
- Attention to detail while also being able to manage a full workload.
- Have the ability to deliver deadlines in a busy and varied work environment.
- Have a full driver’s license.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Leading on the delivery of planning applications for renewable energy projects
- Overseeing and review of inputs on renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Undertaking review of planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs;
- Acting as main point of contact with client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
- Mentoring junior members of the team.