One of Ireland’s largest and best rated indigenous consultancies is looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer, with an interest in environmental and civil engineering, to join the Waste and Environmental team in the Cork, Dublin or Carlow office. The role will suit candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
The successful candidate will join a well-established company and will have the opportunity to acquire a broad range of professional skills and experiences with support from mentors across several disciplines. This position offers exposure to a number of project types within the company, as it has a broad spectrum of ongoing projects and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development.
The company has centres of excellence in Civil Infrastructure, Waste & Resource Management, Energy, Environmental Sciences and Planning. They provide design and contract management services for the construction of infrastructure projects such as roads, bridgeworks, rail, solid waste facilities, renewable energy, drainage, water and wastewater treatment facilities, airports, tunnels and gas pipelines.
- Ensuring projects are delivered to the timescales, quality and costs agreed with the client
- Planning and managing CAD documentation of design work, working closely with Project Engineers and Engineering Technicians
- Attending meetings with the client and other professionals
- Ensuring compliance with our Quality Assurance and Management Systems
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant health and safety legislation
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate experience
- Consultancy experience desirable
- Candidate should be a high-energy professional
- Excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills required
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholder, clients, sub-contractors
- A working knowledge of Public Works Contracts will benefit your application
- Flexible and a good team player
- Must work efficiently and on own initiative
- Must be prepared to travel to site visits and client meetings
- Full drivers licence
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support. The company is an equal opportunities employer, their company culture champions diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing through ongoing programs. They encourage continuous professional development, creativity and flexibility. All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence.