We are recruiting a Senior Project Manager to join our growing Estates and Project Management Team to act as lead client-side Project Manager on projects. Our EPM Team specialise in:
- Project Management
- Procurement Advisory Services
- Pre-project Advisory Services
- Strategic Estates Management and Sustainability Consultancy
As a Senior Project Manager, the successful candidate will lead exciting projects of varying size and scale, working with a wide range of public and private clients in sectors such as higher education, life sciences, renewable energy, commercial, leisure and residential.
The Senior Project Manager will manage projects at all stages of their lifecycle, from identification of an opportunity through defining the project, planning and managing its execution, and ensuring satisfactory close-out on completion. They will collaborate with various design and project delivery professionals to deliver great projects that enhance people’s lives and the environment. The role offers excellent opportunities for career development, promotion, and becoming the Estates and Project Management leader for one of the above service lines and managing a team of professional Project Managers.
The successful candidate will lead projects on behalf of our clients and coordinate and control various project activities at different stages of the project life-cycle. On projects with a high level of complexity, the Senior Project Manager will work alongside the Estates and Project Management Director and Senior Project Managers. They will lead several projects at any one time, of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages.
- Acting as principal client point of contact
- Controlling and managing all stages of various projects.
- Arranging, chairing, and minuting client/design team/site meetings.
- Communicating effectively with project stakeholders at all levels, client personnel, design team, contractor/subcontractors, statutory bodies etc.
- Managing and administering procurement processes for design teams and contractors.
- Day-to-day coordination of project activity.
- Performance and progress tracking relative to agreed project milestones/goals, and implementing corrective actions as necessary should specific project activities slip behind the programme.
- Producing high-quality and accurate written reports and technical documents to include:
- Project Execution Plans
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced staff, which may be assigned to assist the Senior Project Manager.
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams.
- A degree in a construction-related discipline: project management, engineering, architecture, quantity Surveying, or construction management.
- At least 8 years post-graduation experience, with at least 3 years in construction-related professional services.
Our people benefit from flexible work arrangements that value our team members’ well-being and work-life balance. The role will also involve opportunities to work as a Project Manager on Renewable Energy Consenting projects.