The successful candidates will be seconded to Irish Water across various programmes encompassing water networks and wastewater treatment plants.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Irish Water personnel;
- Liaising with Contractors;
- Preparing cost estimates;
- Completing site inspections;
- Report writing.
- Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent);
- Chartered or actively working towards obtaining a professional qualification with a recognised institution (e.g., Engineers Ireland);
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, design teams, clients, and contractors;
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety;
- Experience in a Client-facing role;
- Minimum seven years’ post-graduate experience in a water sector engineering design role (ideally water/wastewater networks and/or treatment design);
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in preparing technical specifications and contract documents for water utility client projects in Ireland and the UK;
- Knowledge and experience of various forms of contract used in the water sector (e.g., FIDIC, NEC, Government Forms of Contract);
- Familiarity with local regulatory requirements and approval processes.