We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Town Planner to work with a well established planning and environmental consultancy, specialising in infrastructure, primarily renewable energy and wireless telecommunications. You will be based in Galway (with the option to work remotely also). This is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious suitable candidate, providing you with a genuine opportunity to grow your career rapidly within the company in the coming years.
The role will involve assisting our Senior Planner with a number of infrastructure planning applications, amongst many other tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally relevant post-graduate private/public sector experience;
- Good working knowledge of the Irish planning system;
- Candidates with relevant UK experience will also be considered for the role;
- A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent report writing skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Good analytical skills and IT competency;
- Highly motivated and ambitious in fast paced working environment;
- Mult-task different projects and work activities;
- Work well with others internally and externally;
- Full Driving License
- Assist on planning applications;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning reports;
- Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues and external consultants;
- Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to clients and colleagues;
- Liaising with Planning Authorities and other statutory bodies;
- Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.