As a member of the sustainability team you be involved in supporting the development of our Sustainability Reporting and other wider Sustainability Service offerings.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a dynamic team environment to assist with the delivery of project milestones. Candidates should have at least 3 years’ and up to 10 years’ experience within a finance or sustainability reporting function with previous exposure to sustainability reporting and / or materiality assessments a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of key concepts across Environmental, Social and Governance lenses (sector or cross sector level) and approach to materiality assessments for organisations (both financial and impact)
- Experience in financial reporting and / or sustainability report writing and knowledge of existing sustainability reporting frameworks and requirements (GRI, SASB for example)
- Experience in development of sustainability strategies and incorporation into business models, risk and control frameworks and management KPIs / reporting an advantage
- Presentation skills and ability to delivery of high-level briefings internally and externally across sustainability and reporting topics
- Ability to quickly produce written insights and executive summaries
- Research (quantitative and qualitative) including industry/sectoral reviews and analysis
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client and work stream operations, processes, and business objectives and utilise this knowledge on assignments/projects;
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to strict internal deadlines;
- Solve problems, through the application of fact based analysis and provide recommendations;
Skills and attributes:
- Financial / Report Writing: Ability to interpret regulatory and best practice reporting requirements and translate into sustainability statements, quantitative and narrative disclosures.
- Analytical / Accounting skills: Focused approach to the review, assessment and interpretation of data streams / financial and non-financial information and gap analysis
- MS Office Skills: Strong proficiency in excel and data analysis skills and other MS Office (Word formatting and report writing / Power-Point for structuring, developing and editing presentations)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Part qualified / qualified ACCA, ACA or equivalent an advantage with financial and / or sustainability reporting or audit experience
- Third level degree, with a strong academic record (requirement)
- 3-10 years’ experience in financial reporting with some experience / exposure to sustainability reporting