An offshore renewable energy and aquaculture company has an ambitious growth plan and is now working to expand their development portfolio globally. This Technical Manager is an integral part of the Development Services Team, who provides key supports to the wider company. The role places the right candidate at the heart of the company early phase development activities.
- Regularly compile, issue and assess technical and engineering supplier Request For Information (RFI’s), carefully managing relationships with key suppliers
- Development of route to market strategies
- Development of investable conceptual designs for offshore renewable projects, through robust optioneering and cost-benefit analysis
- Leadership on refinement of technical parameters to be used in site screening based on technology landscape and regional characteristics
- Support the refinement of project site definition as the concept develops
- Ensuring baseline technical standards are always applied and, where applicable, observe local regulations to ensure project bankability in every case
- Produce strategic infrastructure and supply chain horizon studies
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, regulators, utilities and technology providers to ensure the company remains at the cutting edge of technical project development
- Support procurement and management of specialist engineering work packages
- Support on the development of engineering systems and resources for projects
- Develop engineering management plans to meet early project needs
- Support on risk management, DEVEX and cost books development and programme optimisation
- Ensure the design basis and scope of work for pre-FEED is well developed (concept design, route to market definition, site refinement, metocean and geoscience assessments, survey strategy development and supply chain appraisal)
- Support the project team through technical due diligence processes prior to forming JV partnerships
- Competently assess and challenge engineering designs, technical reports and associated deliverables
- Stage gate and peer review of technical documents, reports, etc.
- Preparation of project literature, reports and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information
- Internal and external reporting as required
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage own workloads and meet timescales across multiple Projects
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to enable effective discussion and transfer of information between team members, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. (Second European language is desirable)
- Technical skills to understand complex renewable system design and the ability to exchange with and understand subject experts
- Proficient in the use of IT systems, such as SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office, etc.
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- 5 + years’ experience working in offshore wind, or renewable energy projects
- Experience in floating offshore wind
- Experience in supplier, contract and sub-contract management
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve set targets
- Can-do’ and facilitative
- Hard working, conscientious, and disciplined
- Good attention to detail
- Autonomous and driven to maintain the highest standards in all that the company does.