We are seeking Terrestrial Ecologists (Principal, Senior & Consultant level), to join our clients expanding, thriving Environmental Consultancy. Based in the UK, with the option to work remotely also. Project work will include our full range of clients and projects ranging from utilities companies, infrastructure, built development as well as regulator support.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of specialists, in a very close-knit community where personal skills and interactions across the business are highly valued. In addition you will have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders, clients and regulators.
To be successful in this role we are looking for applications from professionals who have worked in a similar role or can demonstrate the appropriate transferable skills. They should have:
- Ecology-related degree (and potentially an MSc/PhD for Senior/Principal roles);
- Appropriate relevant experience for the grade applied for;
- Surveying and working experience in the UK regulatory framework (including protected species licensing for Senior/Principal roles);
- Working knowledge of the European and UK wildlife legislation and policy;
- Appropriate membership level of CIEEM for grade applied for (or no restriction on ability to apply);
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to organise and develop their work with minimal supervision, as well as excellent team working ability;
- Full current UK driving licence;
- The ability to work away from home for short periods to meet the demands of fieldwork;
- Knowledge and experience of the EcIA, EIA and HRA processes (for Senior/Principal roles);
- Appropriate experience of botanical/habitat survey and classification (Phase 1, UK Hab), and protected species surveys, reporting and mitigation for the grade applied for;
- For Senior/Principal roles holding at least one protected species licence would be advantageous;
- Ideally experience in carrying out Biodiversity Net Gain calculations using Defra metric 2.0 or 3.0 (for Senior/Principal roles);
- GIS skills advantageous.
You will be self-motivated and able to work independently and within project teams drawn from our regional offices. For the Senior/Principal roles you will also have the drive and enthusiasm to expand the current portfolio within the company and to represent it externally. Thus, the ability to communicate effectively with clients in all sectors and a sense of pride in, and responsibility for your work are paramount for this position.
Whether you are an applicant with academic, regulatory, consultancy or third sector experience you will need to demonstrate your ability to apply your skills in a commercial consultancy context through experience of managing projects and dealing with people effectively and professionally.